(May – August 2024)
Clark Agri Service has been offering agricultural services for over a quarter century, but our roots in Ontario farming go back almost 100 years. The Clark family is made up of passionate people delivering quality products and services. We are committed to continuously developing our offerings in a safe and dynamic environment – dedicated to finding innovative solutions that are beneficial to growers, the natural environment, and the agri-food industry. Our team provides expert agronomy, AG retail, grain marketing, and precision AG services to producers plan their crop inputs and achieve maximum yields.
We’re currently looking to fill two summer student agronomy assistant positions, one each at our Wellandport and Waterford locations, for the 2024 crop year starting in May and ending in August 2024. Spend your summer getting some real hands-on experience in the field! As our summer agronomy assistant, you’ll work alongside our certified crop advisors to help identify problem insects, weeds and diseases in both horticulture and row crops. Play a key role in helping local farmers make timely, informed and economical field crop decisions. Cancel your gym membership while you work on your cardio out in the sun!
- Inspect fields and crops for insects, weeds and disease.
- Provide detailed inspection reports and scout findings to our Crop Advisors and provide any additional feedback or information to the customer.
- Operate all company motor vehicles in a safe and secure manner.
- Attend any scheduled meetings or training sessions alongside company staff.
- Assist with the retail location operations team as time allows and as necessary, such as product delivery, soil sampling and field signing.
- Learn and operate agricultural mapping and scouting software.
- Collect plant and soil samples for laboratory submission.
- Assist with grower field tours, plot planting and crop days.
- Completed one year of a degree or diploma in an agricultural program, or related work experience
- Good understanding of agricultural practices and farm equipment
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driver abstract
- May be required to work extended hours during peak season.
- Willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Required to work in some inclement weather (hot, cold, wet, etc.)