Operations Assistant – Intern – Waterford
Waterford Location (May – August 2024)
Clark Agri Service has been offering agricultural services for over a quarter century, but our roots in Ontario farming go back almost 100 years. The Clark family is made up of passionate people delivering quality products and services. We are committed to continuously developing our offerings in a safe and dynamic environment – dedicated to finding innovative solutions that are beneficial to growers, the natural environment, and the agri-food industry. Our team provides expert agronomy, AG retail, grain marketing, and precision AG services to producers plan their crop inputs and achieve maximum yields.
We’re currently looking to fill an opening for a summer Operations Intern at our Waterford location for the 2024 crop year starting in May and ending in August 2024. Spend your summer getting some real hands-on operations experience! As our summer Operations Intern, you’ll work alongside our operations, sales, agronomy and administrative staff, while learning the ins and outs of a growing farm service center. Play a key role in ensuring local farmers have their crop inputs for their planting, side dressing and harvest season. Cancel your gym membership while you work on your cardio outside!
- Efficiently and effectively work with the sales and administrative staff regarding services and deliveries of chemical, fertilizer and seed.
- Ensures the overall appearance and housekeeping standards of the premises is maintained in a professional and organized manner. Regularly clean and maintain equipment and service vehicles.
- Maintain and manage inventory control records to ensure the proper receiving and shipping of product.
- Manage and assist with the maintenance of location equipment and service as necessary.
- Blending, mixing, transferring and unloading bulk dry and liquid fertilizer using plant equipment such as control panels, computer terminals, pumps or elevators.
- Keep appropriate records of data such as vehicle logs, product bill of ladings, inventory counts, delivery information, records of sales, and application records.
- Drives and operates plant equipment and machinery such as front-end loader, fertilizer towers, forklifts and delivery vehicles. Operates all equipment in accordance with established safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques.
- Performs daily safety checks on assigned vehicles and equipment such as delivery trucks, loaders and forklifts.
- Transports custom blended fertilizers, chemicals, seed, and various equipment and ensures all associated documentation, including bills of ladings, shipping tickets are accurate and completed according to schedule.
- Capability of dealing with and working in a number of different environments such as heat, cold, dust.
- Opportunity to work alongside agronomists and scouting staff.
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driver abstract
- Technical Aptitude.
- Capacity to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Requires an individual currently enrolled in an agriculture related college or university program
- May be required to work extended hours during peak season.
- Willingness to learn.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a variety of licenses, certificates or permits such as forklift, WHMIS or TDG.
- Attention to Detail.