Operations Supervisor – Waterford
Welcome to the Clark Agri Service Family. Cash and specialty crop production experts – we have been sustainably serving Ontario farmers for over a quarter century.
At Clark Agri Service we pride ourselves on being as vibrant and dynamic as we are proudly rooted in our heritage. We give our team the opportunity to put to the test, all of their acquired customer service, sales, technical, and problem-solving skills each and every day – offering competitive wages, benefits, company matching RRSP programs and excellent career advancement opportunities.
Clark has been offering agricultural services for over a quarter century, but our roots in Ontario farming go back almost 100 years. The Clark family is made up of passionate people delivering quality products and services. We are committed to continuously developing our offerings in a safe and dynamic environment – dedicated to finding innovative solutions that are beneficial to growers, the natural environment, and the agri-food industry. Our team provides expert agronomy and agriculture retail services to help customers plan their crop inputs and achieve maximum yields
The Operations Supervisor will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of all operational and administrative aspects at our crop input facility in Waterford, Ontario.
Come join an energetic and engaged sales, administrative and operations group focused on customer service, fostering team culture, and having fun!
Clark Agri Service supports a team focused environment that helps enable success for all employees in their roles.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the key responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor will be:
- Lead, engage and assist the operations and administrative team in all duties, responsibilities and day to day operations at the site
- Assist in the hiring and recruiting of full time and seasonal staff in operational, administrative and student roles
- Blending and shipping dry fertilizer through the tower, while coordinating deliveries with customers
- Responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and service of plant equipment and machinery.
- Ensures the overall appearance and housekeeping standards of the premises is maintained in a professional and organized manner. Regularly clean and maintain equipment and service vehicles
- Blending, mixing, transferring and unloading bulk dry and liquid fertilizer using plant equipment such as control panels, computer terminals, pumps or elevators.
- Drives and operates plant equipment and machinery such as front-end loader, fertilizer towers, forklifts and tender trucks as required. Operates all equipment in accordance with established safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques.
- Performs daily safety checks on assigned vehicles and equipment such as delivery trucks, loaders and forklifts.
- Establish a preventative maintenance plan to maintain plant assets at a high level. Take the lead on all repair and maintenance of plant and yard equipment at the site.
- Transports custom blended fertilizers, crop protection, seed, and various equipment and ensures all associated documentation, including bills of ladings, shipping tickets are accurate and completed according to schedule.
- Coordinating and forecasting inventory of crop protection, fertilizer and seed
- Efficiently and effectively work with the sales and administrative staff regarding services and deliveries
- Maintain and manage inventory control records to ensure the proper receiving and shipping of product.
- Keep appropriate records of data such as vehicle logs, product bill of ladings, inventory counts, delivery information, records of sales, and application records.
- Maintain working knowledge of location equipment, agricultural data and locally grown crops
- Assist with front counter customer interactions and phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Excelling with customer service
- Team player
- Multi tasker
- Proven leadership ability
- Detail oriented
- Safety focused
- Mechanically inclined
- Organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient at working from heights and climbing
- Capacity to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Time management skills
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience required
- DZ license is an asset
- CCA is an asset
- Agronomy and/or previous agricultural experience are required
- Degree or Diploma in an agricultural or technical related field
- Farm related experience