Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day functioning and operations at the location.
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of plant equipment and machinery.
- Efficiently and effectively work with the sales and administrative staff regarding services and deliveries.
- Ensures the overall appearance and housekeeping standards of the premises is maintained in a professional and organized manner. Regularly clean and maintain equipment and service vehicles.
- Maintain and manage inventory control records to ensure the proper receiving and shipping of product.
- Manage and assist with the maintenance of location equipment and service as necessary.
- Blending, mixing, transferring and unloading bulk dry and liquid fertilizer using plant equipment such as control panels, computer terminals, pumps or elevators.
- Keep appropriate records of data such as vehicle logs, product bill of ladings, inventory counts, delivery information, records of sales, and application records.
- Drives and operates plant equipment and machinery such as front-end loader, fertilizer towers, forklifts and tender trucks. Operates all equipment in accordance with established safety standards and proper vehicle operation techniques.
- Performs daily safety checks on assigned vehicles and equipment such as delivery trucks, loaders and forklifts. Establish a preventative maintenance plan to maintain plant assets at a high level.
- Transports custom blended fertilizers, chemicals, seed, and various equipment and ensures all associated documentation, including bills of ladings, shipping tickets are accurate and completed according to schedule.
- Capability of dealing with and working in a number of different environments such as heat, cold, dust.
- Safely perform day to day functions and tasks.
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Work well under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to receive and provide direction
- Proficient at working from heights and climbing
- Capacity to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Technical aptitude
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Customer service skills
- Fabrication and welding
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Ability to work overtime including weekends or holidays with some advance notice
- AZ or DZ license an asset
- Safe drivers abstract
- Previous agricultural experience is an asset